Name of Organisation: G&D Reptiles and Exotic Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre
1. Aims: to find new homes for Reptiles and Exotic Mammals in need of a new home. To find Foster Carers, where needed, to help assess their needs before being placed for adoption. To help educate the public on the care of Reptiles and Exotic Animals.
2. Carrying out the Purposes: In order to carry out the purposes, the committee and a selection of volunteers have the power to fundraise in the way of auctions, online auctions including eBay and social medias, raffles, open weekends and fundraising events to finance the upkeep, husbandry requirements, enrichment, feeding requirements and veterinary care for the reptiles and exotic animals.
3. Committee Members and Volunteer Membership: The Committee may admit volunteer membership to anybody who is aged 18 and over and supports the purposes of the organisation. People who wish to volunteer for the organisation should apply to the committee. Volunteer Membership lasts for 1 year and may be renewed annually. The Committee will keep an up to date list of Volunteers. The Committee hold the right to expel someone from membership, provided it is in the best interest of the organisation and a meeting has been held by the Committee. The Volunteer will have the opportunity to be heard by the committee and they can be accompanied by a friend.
4. Equal Opportunities: G&D Reptiles and Exotic Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexuality, disability, religious or political belief, marital status or age.
5. Officers and Committee: The business of G&D Reptiles and Exotic Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre will be carried out by 3 officers, who were elected into position at the first meeting. The committee will meet twice a year. The committee will consist of three officers. The Roles are as follows: Chair; who will chair both the general and committee meetings. Secretary; who will be responsible for the taking of minutes and the distribution of papers. Treasurer; who will be responsible for maintaining accounts. There are also vice positions for each of these positions. In the event of an officer standing down during the year, a replacement will be elected at the next General Meeting of members. Any Committee Member not attending a meeting without an apology for three meetings will be contacted and asked to resign.
6.1 An Annual General Meeting (AGM) Will be held within 12 months of the previous AGM. All members will be notified in writing at least 3 weeks before the date of the meeting, giving the venue, date and time. Nominations for the committee may be made to the Secretary before the meeting, or at the meeting. The quorum for the AGM will be a minimum of 3 members. At the AGM the Committee will present a report of the work of G&D Reptiles and Exotic Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre of the year. The Treasurer will present the accounts of the previous year. The officers and the committee will be elected for the next year. Any proposals should be given to the secretary at least 7 days before the meeting.
6.2 Special General Meetings. The Secretary will call an SGM at the request of most of the committee or at least 3 members, giving a written request to the Chair or Secretary stating the reason for their request. All Members will be given 2 weeks’ notice of such meeting, giving the venue, date, time and agenda. The quorum will be at least 3 committee members being present.
6.3 General meetings are open to all members and will be held twice per annum or more often if necessary. All members will be given two weeks’ notice of such meetings, giving the venue, date, time and agenda. The quorum for the meeting will be at least 3 members being present.
7. Rules of Procedure for meetings: All questions that arise at a meeting will be discussed openly and the meeting will seek to find general agreement that everyone present can agree to. If a consensus cannot be reached, a vote will be taken, and a decision will be made by a simple majority vote. If the number of votes cast of each side are equal, the Chair of the meeting shall have an additional casting vote.
8. Finances: An account will be maintained on behalf of G&D Reptiles and Exotic Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre at a bank agreed by the committee. The Treasurer will be nominated to sign the cheques. Records of income and expenditure will be maintained by the Treasurer, or in the Treasurers absence; the Vice Treasurer, and a financial statement will be given at each meeting. All monies raised by or on behalf of G&D Reptiles and Exotic Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre is only to be used to further the aims of the organisation, specified in item 2 of this constitution.
9. Amendments to the constitution: Amendments to the constitution may only be made at the AGM or an SGM. Any proposal to amend the constitution must be given to the Secretary in writing. The proposal must be circulated with the notice of the meeting. Any proposal to amend the constitution will require 3 members at the meeting of those entitled to vote.
10. Dissolution: If a meeting, by simple majority decides that it is necessary to close the organisation it may call an SGM to do so. The sole business of this meeting will be to dissolve the organisation. If it is agreed to dissolve the organisation, any remaining money and other assets, once outstanding debts have been paid, will be discussed and a charity chosen by vote, will receive the funds.
HD Reptiles and Aquatics Ltd.
220-224 London Road,
Stoke on Trent
Or use our contact form.
Join our Facebook Group!
Follow us on Instagram!
BANK HOLIDAY CLOSED
Christmas Eve 10am-2pm
Christmas Day CLOSED
Boxing Day CLOSED
New Years Eve 10am-2pm
New Years Day CLOSED